Prof. Andriy Getya, Prof. at the Faculty of Livestock Raising and Water Bioresources, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
Areas of Interest
- Animal Breeding, organization of breeding process, breeding legislation
- Institute of breeding and genetics, Ukraine, 2011 — DSc in Agricultural Sciences
- Institute of pig breeding, Ukraine, 1998 — PhD in Agricultural Sciences
- Poltava state agrarian academy, Ukraine, 1992 — Specialist in Agricultural Sciences
Special awards, fellowships
- Research experience gained: 4 DAAD — scholarships, Germany; program SABIT «Agricultural associations development», USA; program Cochran «Dairy genetics program», USA; program FAO «Functioning of US Dairy cooperatives and modern technologies of production», USA; program of Chinese Ministry of economy «Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Development for Asian and European countries», China; Austrian Development Cooperation project «Capacity Development of the Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia», Georgia; international project ALCASDE; program TAIEX, Italy, Czech Republic; international project COST «Innovative approaches in pork production with entire males -IPEMA»; international project ALCASDE, project FP6 (SSA) «Young Train».
- Participated in three TEMPUS projects: T_JEP 10758-1999, М_JEP 22218-2001, Т_JEP_27168_2006, JPCR_159173_2009.
Relevant specific experience
- FAO consultant
- «Animal breeding», «Modern methods of genetic improvement» and others to the university students, as well as participating on different short term study courses.
- Author of scientific papers in area of animal breeding, dairy production.