Dr. Yuriy Kravchenko, Assoc. Prof. of Soil Science and Soil Conservation Department, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine, Head of International Affairs Agrobiology Faculty
Academic Awards, Position
- Deputy President (East Europe) of World Mollisols Association (WMA) Council, since 2011
- Adjunct professor of Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2010
- Editor — Ecosystem Health and Sustainability (EHS, ISSN: 2332-8878, Ecological Society of America, Ecological Society of China)
- The personal grant of the Ukrainian State Committee from Science and Technologies, certificate № 101, 24/06/1994
Areas of Interest
Conservation Practices and Management Policies on World Mollisols, Soil Organic Matter Reproduction, Tillage and Fertilizer Effects on Soil Aggregates, Mollisols Genesis and Assessment, Wet Ecosystems and soil Management, Systems of Higher Education in the World. Author of scientific papers in area of soil quality, tillage and fertilizer (> 70), textbooks and research monographs (13), abstracts to scientific conferences (> 61), State Standards (6), Ministry instructions (21)
Projects, staff mobility and scholarships during the last 5 years
- 15.10.-30.11.2016. Soil Organic Carbon (SOC) Sequestration and Climate Change Mitigation by Use of Soil Conservation Resource Saving Technologies in Agriculture. EU Grant. IncoNet EaP Twinning Grant “Supporting international cooperation activities on agriculture soil contribution to climate change mitigation and adaptation” SFS-50-2017.
- 19.04.2010-13.09.2015. Project CAS — Russia, Ukraine and Belarus Cooperation Program (2010-2015). The Bureau of International Cooperation Grant, Chinese Academy of Sciences (No. GJHZ0949), National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 41171230; 41071201).
- 15.01.2010-14.01.2013. International joint project 159188-TEMPUS-1-2009-1-PL-TEMPUS-JPCR «Environmental curricula at agricultural universities». Tempus Grant.
- 2016 — Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation – State Research Institute, Puławy, Poland
- 2015 — Dicle University, Turkey
- 2011, 2013 — University of Kragujevac, Serbia
- 2011 — Bourgogne University, France
- 2010 — Northeast Agricultural University, China
- 2009 — Humboldt University, Berlin, German